Things are starting to move quickly towards moving into our new shed.
- The electrical wiring for the kitchen and toilets have been roughed in. Bill Tindall and his offsider Brian are busily getting the wiring in for the lights and various power distribution points around the building. The council has lent us a scissor lift to access the high points in the roof at no cost. They have been most accommodating at every turn to assist us in moving in.
- The plumbing has been roughed in for the toilets and kitchen as well as the solar hot water system on the roof. They have also plumbed in our fire hydrant reels and mounted them to the walls.
- We have also placed a firm order for a mezzanine floor to be erected by Newstyle Sheds (Fair dinkum sheds) over the whole area from the kitchen all the way down to the end of the planned store room. This will cover almost 1/3rd of the shed area and should be finished by the end of March ready for us to move in. We can thank Mr Warren Skinner and the Calcutta he organised for the Coffs race day. His generous donation of the full proceeds has paid for about 75% of the cost.
- An order has been placed for the solar electrics on the roof. Sometime in the next few weeks this should happen as well.
- On Saturday 25th February Coffs Rotary Club had a working bee to fix the Gyrock and Villaboard linings to the framing. Once the joints have been set we can move on towards having the toilets etc in place. Hopefully this will satisfy council requirements and we can get the nod to move in.